POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Spherical Isosurface + HieghtMap : Re: Spherical Isosurface + HieghtMap Server Time
6 Aug 2024 19:33:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spherical Isosurface + HieghtMap
From: Hugo
Date: 25 Mar 2002 19:27:33
Message: <3c9fc075@news.povray.org>
> I parsed a mesh and saved it to a file ....
> Why does it still take SOO LONG to parse?!
> It takes just about as long as it originally did.

Sounds strange. Reading a mesh2 file is the fastest way to go. If your
computer is modern, it shouldn't take more than a second unless the mesh is
huge (tens of megabytes). Coming to think of it .... HF_Sphere outputs an
old-style mesh, not mesh2 as far as I know.. This must be the problem.. Do
you know how to convert it to mesh2  ??  ;o)  Sorry for these troubles, I
think the final HF_Sphere include file ought to use mesh2.

Does someone have a mesh2 version?  There's a good explanation of mesh2 in
the docs, but it might still take a little effort.

Regards,
Hugo